Instead of taking on water in windy and rough conditions, upgrade your kayaking setup with a Harmony Synergy Spray Skirt. The double-stitched and sealed seams keep water out while the plastic implosion bar allows water to quickly drain off the skirt.
- Available in 11 different rim sizes
- Plastic implosion bar allows water to quickly drain off the skirt
- Zippered pocket with mesh drain panel keeps essential items close
- Double-stitched and sealed seams keep water out
- Neoprene waistband stretches to accommodate all waist sizes
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I purchased a Wilderness Systems Pungo 120 and the Harmony Cover and Spray Skirt fit perfectly.
I cannot find a spray skirt to fit a pelican matrix 100.....would this skirt fit? It seems to have a massive cockpit!
What is & where does this Plastic implosion bar fit on the Kayak?
The implosion bar is simply a curved plastic bar that spans the width of the skirt, adding support and rigidity. This allows water to drain off the skirt, instead of pooling up above your lap, which can cause the skirt to pop off or implode.
If you look at the main image of the Synergy Skirt on this page, you'll see a black strip directly behind the pull handle on the top of the skirt - that is the implosion bar.