Evolution At Its Finest.
Thanks to the Harmony Dry Storage Barrel Harness, you're able to transform your 30-liter or 6-liter portage barrel into a self-contained portage pack. This system features padded shoulder straps and waist belt for dependable support, while the sternum strap and load stabilization straps bolster your carrying efficiency and comfort. The harness is easily removable and can be left on the portage barrel without affecting your ability to access the innards.
- Transform your portage barrel with this harness
- Padded shoulder straps and waist belt assure dependable support
- Sternum strap and load stabilization straps bolster efficiency
- Padded back panel ensures comfort
- Fits a 30-liter or 60-liter barrel
- Q & A
OK, but not great...
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I bought a Harmony 60L barrel harness to try for a 7 day fall canoe trip to replace a duluth food pack. The Canadians use barrels, eh? They know a thing or two about canoe trips!
The barrel is completely waterproof and contains scents that might attract camp robbing bears. Barrels are a little tougher to fit in the confines of a canoe, however.
The Harmony harness is reasonably well thought out. I do have one complaint, though. I'm a big guy and the shoulder straps are simply too short. Even with the shoulder straps extended the sternum strap ends up at the base of my neck. They need to be about 4 inches longer to fit me. Avoid the temptation to overload the barrel or it will be difficult to get the top close enough to your back to carry well.