Rugged Mountain Pant
The Haglöfs Men's Rugged Mountain Pant lives up to its name with a technical design that promotes freedom of movement while still protecting against the weather and rocks you'd expect to encounter on alpine mountaineering missions. Climatic fabric is highly durable, stretchy, and water-resistant, and the seat and knees boast stretchier FlexAble softshell panels with highly waterproof, breathable protection found in Haglöfs ski apparel. Also like ski pants, the thigh zippers amplify airflow on the ascent. There are hooks that attach to gaiters for complete coverage.
- Technical trekking pant for mountaineering and climbing
- Climatic fabric is highly durable, stretchy, and water-resistant
- Waterproof FlexAble inserts at seat and knees
- Ventilation zippers at each thigh for amplified airflow
- Reinforced lower leg insteps protect against crampons
- Adjustable waist tabs and gaiter hooks ensure a secure fit
- Q & A
Great Winter Pant- Rugged
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: L REG
Exceptionally well made, highest quality. Heavy duty but on the warm side. So think winter activities in cold temps... You would not want to wear these summer hiking for example as the materials are thick and warm. One other note- they do not have a zipper at the ankle, so no room for ski boots as they are somewhat narrow at the ankle cuff. They fit over tall hiking boots well. Having said having said that, they are excellent for any cold weather activities like hiking, ice climbing, X-country skiing (low boots), etc. I guess if you wore gaiters, you could use them with BC ski boots (but test to see if your gaiters will fit over you ski boots to be sure). But then, you'd be wearing gaiters over your ski boots. Bottom line, these are some of the best pants ever on par with any top brand in the world. If they made an equivalent summer weight pant, I'd own a couple pairs of those too.
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Bend to the side and measure around the place where your waist bends, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Stand with feet together and measure around the fullest part of the hip.
- Measure from the crotch to the floor with no shoes.