Winter's worst or spring's sunniest.
You could be sitting on the chairlift with heavy snowfall dumping on top of you, or you could be gazing across the bluebird sky in search for spring's final powder stash, and the Haglöfs Women's Khione Jacket would still be choice. Its Gore-Tex membrane offers the waterproof protection and breathable comfort that both climates call for. Fully taped seams enhance the Khione's waterproofing by preventing a single snowflake from seeping through.
Haglöfs equipped the Kihone Jacket with zippers under each arm to enhance ventilation and cool you down if you get too warm. The powder skirt protects you from unwanted snow sneaking in, and it folds away when there isn't an ounce of soft stuff in sight. Alternatively, adjustments at the hem, cuffs, and helmet-compatible hood seal out the snowiest weather.
- Protective ski shell for snowy chairlifts and spring corn
- Waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex with fully taped seams
- Underarm ventilation zippers allow ample airflow
- Powder skirt folds away for groomer days
- Adjustable hem, cuffs, and helmet-compatible hood seal out snow
- Q & A
Tried 2, both going back
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: medium
I had to send these back for a few reasons.
1. The color is way off, I couldn't decide which one I wanted so I bought the blue and the green. The blue is a darker blue with a grey tint to it. The green is also darker, more like a dull emerald color.
2. The mesh liner made it hard to layer over a down puffy. I tried this on over both a patagonia hooded down sweater and fly low betty jacket. It has a mesh lining that seemed to stick on my jackets.
3. the fit. It has a more feminine cut, where it goes in at the waist. I found it to be a bit uncomfortable under the arms.
4. The hood. The hood is really weird. There is wire in the brim.
5.Zippers. there is no way I could zip it with mittens or even gloves on.
Overall maybe this would be a good spring/late fall hiking jacket, but I was hoping for a ski shell and it didn't work for that purpose.
The pockets are high so it would work well with a backpack or harness.
For reference I am 5-5, 128lbs, 34b chest. I was layering this over size small puffy jackets. I purchased this in a size medium and found it to be tight around the chest.