C7 Gore Windstopper Pro Jacket
Two things we absolutely won't compromise on when shopping for a winter road jacket is fit and protection from the elements. Thankfully, the C7 Gore Windstopper Pro Jacket from Gore Wear covers those bases quite well. The refined fit, featuring pre-shaped arms, is sleek and aero in the saddle while reaching to the bars and its use of a GORE Windstopper membrane provides ideal protection from rain and wind keeping us comfortable during the entire ride.
The C7 Pro features Polartec Alpha insulation for protection against the cold while still offering up impressive breathability. A high collar with brushed fabric adds extra warmth and coverage while the zipper garage at the neck keeps it from scratching the neck. At the sleeves, a zipper and mesh gusset offer up excellent compatibility with winter gloves. If things begin to warm up, ventilation zippers on either side of the chest with mesh screening lets air in easily to cool you off.
The jacket features elastic at the waist to keep it in place and a dropped tail to keep you dry from road spray. Three rear pockets stow food, tubes, and extra apparel. Lastly, the reflective logos keep you visible when the lighting is low.
- A fitted road jacket for winter cycling
- Lightweight and packable nylon construction
- Gore-Tex membrane shields from rain and wind
- Highly breathable, with added vents for keeping cool on climbs
- Drop tail covers you from road spray
- Seal out the elements with a high collar and elastic waist
- Q & A
Quality and Warmth!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Small
I purchased this jacket during the recent cyber sale, so the great deal I received only reinforces my feelings about this piece. This jacket is very well made and is very warm. I wore it on several 30 degree days with high winds and I was too warm. Breathability is great, and its very comfortable. The tall neck and long tail section really lock in the warmth and protect from wind blasts. The wind resistance this jacket provides is truly awesome. The three back pockets provide great storage space, and have wide openings, making for easy access, even with bulky winter gloves.
- The material used on the sleeves and around the waist is not very stain resistant. I purchased the Black/Neon Yellow jacket for its high visibility and the yellow got some black scuffs on my first wear. I guess my winter gloves are a bit dirty...
- This jacket is form fitting, which is great. But it does not leave a lot of room for layering. I can fit a long sleeve base layer and very thin long sleeve jersey, and thats it. This is all I really need, but worth mentioning if someone wants to invest in an expensive jacket and expects more of an ability to layer.
I highly recommend this jacket if you're looking for a form-fitting, warm winter layer. And if you can score it on discount, don't let it get away!