C3 Partial Gore Windstopper Socks
The Gore Wear C3 Partial Windstopper Socks are exactly what your feet need for conditions that aren't quite cold enough for overshoes, but definitely require some extra insulation. These shoulder season moments can be tricky to dress for, but these socks use a Gore Windstopper membrane to keep wind from chilling your toes while allowing air to flow to manage perspiration and keep your feet comfy. They are low-profile, so they fit inside your usual footwear, and they have flatlock seams to make sure you won't have to endure chafing so you can focus on pedaling.
- Socks for riding in shoulder-season conditions
- Gore Windstopper membrane blocks wind without trapping vapor
- Synthetic material manages moisture and breathes well
- Extra stretchy back ensures freedom of motion
- Flatlock seams eliminate chafing for comfort
- Q & A
Doesn't fit me
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs large
These socks are a great idea, especially for racing where shoe covers may steel a watt or 3. Or combined with shoe covers for arctic conditions. However, they do not fit me at all--they are too large (mostly around the toe box). I wear size 44 cycling shoes and size 10 regular shoes (very infrequently a 9.5) thus I purchased the medium (9.5-10). I am pretty certain that the 8-9 will not fit as they stretch very little. I would think if you wear a 44.5-45 the 9.5-10 Gores may well work. Lucky those who can fit these socks.