Good but could have been great.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: XL
I bought these for riding in Wyoming in the fall and early spring. The concept is great but the design needs some work.
- Warm and block the wind well
- Knee pad inserts are a plus and add some warmth
- Very comfortable chamois
- Originally bought size L (size I normally wear) and couldn't get them on over my thighs
- XL is still a tight fit and not easy to squeeze into, they run pretty small
- The seams on the back of the knee rub and are uncomfortable
- The waist band and "belt" are a ridiculous mess.
Fox would be wise to reconsider this design for dudes with thick legs who are not built like a pencil. A regular elastic waste band with an actual belt or velcro tabs would be far superior than the stupid girdle they built into these shorts. They should also consider detaching the crotch and inner thigh of the shorts from the tights. If they had just designed it like a normal baggy bike short with extended legs, these things would be bomber. Sometimes simplicity is good.
Overall, it gets the job done but could have been a home run.
Great review. Thank you