TRN TEK Ski
So maybe you peaked in the late 80s, maybe you prefer denim to Gore-Tex, and maybe you still only listen to Rock and Roll—so what! Keep sticking it to the kids by riding the Folsom TRN TEK Ski. These frontside sticks look and feel like they were made in the glory days of hop turns and hip drops, but feature new technology to make sure you can shred with the best of them.
The 201cm length is a little short by your standards but still provides the for and aft stability you remember, while a 72mm waist allows you to trash talk all of the kids riding wide sticks next time it snows. Combining this old school shape with a generous 69m turn radius means your skis will look like a classic straight ski but will allow you to initiate turns a good deal easier than if you were on a non-shaped ski. In addition to these upgrades, the TRN TEK also threw out the old traditional camber profile and opted for early rise in the tip paired with camber underfoot for some forgiveness off piste and in fresh snow.
To ensure you will have these party skis for years to come, or so you can use them day-in and day-out, Folsom built these shred sticks with all of the bells and whistles found in today's skis. This includes a bamboo and poplar core and fiberglass laminates for a responsive ride, hard and fast Durasurf 4001 sintered bases and durable 2.55mm Rockwell edges.
- Modern take on the classic straight ski for frontside shredding
- Narrow 72mm waist excels on firm snow and during spring skiing
- Early rise paired with camber offers edge control and forgiveness
- Bamboo poplar core is durable and lively for a responsive ride
- Fiberglass laminates offer a consistent flex from tip to tail
- Durable sintered bases hold wax for a consistently fast ride
- 2.55mm Rockwell edges can take a beating and be sharpened often
- Folsom makes their skis in the USA and offer custom options