Does the Job.. But Good be better
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I was on the look for a daily driver backpack that could double in the outdoors and last the midwest's tempremental weather but would fit in a casual workplace. This backpack does the job, but a couple improvements could have made this from good to great.
1) Lots of space / compartments. Definitely didn't feel like I couldn't find a pocket for all my wires/tech
2) Water bottle holders that can actually hold a 32oz nalgene (one of the few packs that I can see that do this)
3) Somewhat slim- doesn't look too bulky (unless you're filling it to the max)
4) Water resistent seems true to the tale - survived a couple minutes in a rain storm and drizzle.
1) Biggest qualm was the lack of ventalition in the back panel. In the humid midwest this became a huge problem when trying just to bike a couple miles my whole back was drenched. I've had better ventilation in a jansport. Even though the straps are, the material and no ventaliation make it miserable.
2) A lot of packs seem to have this problem - the front zipper pocket works okay (but gets caught 50-50 chance)