Accept The Challenge.
No matter how many times you've hiked this trail, it doesn't seem to get any easier—but the views are definitely worth the challenge, so you come back to it again and again. Make the climb more comfortable with the Fjallraven Men's Abisko Trail T-Shirt. Made from a wool blend, this performance top wicks away moisture and offers a cool next-to-skin feel to keep you comfortable through all stages of the journey. A longer cut in the back helps keep you covered when you're wearing a pack or reaching up for your next hold.
- A short-sleeve tee designed for the trail
- Wool blend wicks sweat and regulates temperature
- Longer cut at the back for better coverage
- Flatlock seams reduce chafing
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
I bought this shirt to try an 85% tencel, 15% wool blend. In theory, that should make it odor-resistant and comfortable.
The color is great, the fit is absolutely perfect — and long enough that it'll stay tucked — and my wife loves the look. The Fjällräven logo is subtly embroidered on the chest in the same color as the shirt.
If you currently wear merino or tencel, and you're looking for a base layer for the summer, especially if you're looking for one that can play double-duty as a replacement for a cotton tee in town, then I can already tell you will be 100% satisfied by this shirt.
I have three small worries. I'll come back and update this review after I test these out!
- The shirt is stitched in a half-moon on the back at the yoke/collar, and it has sporty sleeve attachments (no seams on top of the shoulder: they're on the chest and back instead) so if you're sensitive on your upper back, this might chafe a little. This is all about tradeoffs — the seams have to go somewhere!
- While this is only 15% wool, I'm sensitive to merino, and this is just as itchy when pressed against the skin as high-end 100% merino shirts. Don't expect the smoothness of 100% tencel. I'm hoping it smooths down with some Nikwax washes, but I might not be able to wear this under a backpack.
- Neither tencel nor merino are known for their durability. I'm interested to see how this holds up to the repetitive abrasions of hiking. Even if it looks like it's wearing too fast, I'd be inclined to buy again for casual use and travel.
No Returns Necessary
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
I actually bought this shirt and had gotten a couple of others by the time it had arrived and I was planning on returning it. Boy, was I wrong. As soon as I put it on, I decided that I liked it so much, I would be wearing it to a wedding I was going to attend the following weekend.
Sleek, comfortable, and breathable.
Who can ask for anything more.