Living along the coast or near the mountains certainly has its benefits, but it comes with its fair share of foul weather, so be sure you're ready to handle it all with the Fjallraven Men's Övik Eco-Shell Jacket. Designed for year-round use, this jacket has a versatile three-layer shell that blocks wind, rain, and snow and is treated with a fluorocarbon-free DWR to make moisture roll off the face of the fabric. The hood sits close around the face and head for added protection from wind and rain, and it has a laminated brim to direct rolling water away from the face. Drawing inspiration from classic military jackets, the Övik features four large bellow pockets, a buttoned front flap, and button-adjustable tabs at the cuffs.
- A weatherproof shell designed for year-round wear
- Three-layer Eco-Shell is wind and waterproof
- Fluorocarbon-free DWR adds extra water-resistance
- Snug-fitting hood with laminated brim
- Drawcord hem and buttoned cuff tabs are adjustable
- Sweden-based Fjallraven designs durable and functional outdoor clothes
- Q & A
Non-existent fjallraven customer support
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs large
- Size Bought: Small
- Extremely good looking (I got navy blue)
- Well built jacket, it will last...
Issue @hand after buying
- Small here is for Medium to Large sized folks.
- Design is non technical, Hood won't snug fit, wrist has only two settings. This model style is Old and lot of room in torso even after layering. For size I thought to gift to my cousin who would fit better.
- Biggest problem, no one to get things fixed.
I got this jacket and very next day was caught in thunderstorm... Jacket performed well except lower 2 inches where DWR seemed to have worn out.
Amazon / Backcountry will take back the jacket but won't fix it. I was looking for some support in fixing dwr on NEW jacket and not pay full $26 for spray on day one of jacket.
I have tried talking to and emailing (only option) fjallraven regarding the details issue.. but was shocked.
- There has been ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSE for any of my emails from the warranty team
- Even more shocking was when I talked to fjallraven customer support number THE representative asked me to APPLY GREENLAND WAX. Even after saying it's ecoshell and NOT G1000. She seemed confused. After insisting all she did was talk to her supervisor and tell me to buy some spray...(no specific recommendation either).
Absolutely no support.
I am still waiting from fjallraven warranty team's response.
This makes TNF, Patagonia or other support heavy brands more attractive.
WOw! I can't say enough good things about this jacket. I wear it everyday. On my motorcycle, camping, date night with the wife. The quality is exceptional and the fit is right on. Get true to size don't size up.