Don't believe your social media feed—the backcountry isn't all faceshots and bottomless, stable pow. Most days consist of wind-damaged runs, dense slabs, and refrozen crust that will test your edge skills. The Dynafit Tour 96 Ski will make the most of the conditions with a versatile midfat waist that offers stability on firm snow but will still float whatever pow you can find lingering in high and sheltered north-facing shots.
The Tour 96 wouldn't be a proper Dynafit ski if it wasn't lightweight and had a dash of carbon in its layup to keep the package light. Its poplar and paulownia wood core provides a stable, secure feel while layers of carbon and fiberglass add torsional rigidity so you don't feel like you're skiing on a couple of noodles when conditions take a turn for the firm. Reinforced aluminum tips offer a secure connection between skin and ski and are specifically designed to fit Dynafit skins, so your days of asking your touring partner to reattach your tail clips after a kick-turn are numbered.
- A daily driver designed specifically for the backcountry
- Midfat waist for everything from boot-top pow to dense crusts
- Tip and tail rocker ease turn initiation in tight spots
- Camber underfoot for secure edging power while carving
- 3D Tech construction balances weight with strength
- Carbon laminates trim weight while maintaining stiffness