ST Rotation 12 Binding
The ST Rotation 12 Binding is the previous season's radical Dynafit alpine touring binding with a pivoting toe and DIN-rated release values; in fact, this binding boasts the highest DIN out of any ST Rotation. The higher DIN makes it ideal for aggressive backcountry skiing. A little over a pound per piece, the ST Rotation's lightness complements skiers who want a light skin up as well as an aggressive ride down. Its pivot toe not only combats pre-releasing after sudden impacts, it also assists stepping in on steep terrain.The ST Rotation is compatible with Dynafit's TLT or any other tech alpine touring boot. The spring-tensioned toe piece has a front lever for a secure lock-in, and heel rotates out of the way for quick-and-easy transitions. Dynafit integrated the heel into the baseplate for added stiffness that retains 10mm forward pressure to retain a constant release value from the binding's first skin to its last.
- Lightweight tech binding built for aggressive backcountry skiing
- 5 - 12 DIN rating is the highest DIN out of any ST Rotation
- Compatible with TLT (tech) alpine touring boots
- Spring-tensioned toe piece ensures a quick step-in
- Rotating heel piece equipped with two heel elevators
- Pivoting toe piece prevents pre-release following sudden impacts
- 10mm of forward pressure in the heel retains constant release value
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This binding is solid and confidence inspiring. Secure connection and easy to step in. A great binding for any bigger skis in your quiver.
Is this weight correct? Is it just for a single binding?
Hey Alexei! Thanks for your question. Just asked our Gurus here at Backcountry and found that 1 lb 2 oz is the correct weight, and that it is per binding.