- Detail Images
Give your face a big hug.
Named after one of the world’s most prolific fisheries—the Zane Grey Reef—the Zane Polarized Sunglasses from Costa Del Mar work to keep your eyes swathed in protection as you work to reel in the big one.
Proposition 65 Warning for California Consumers: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- 580P polycarbonate lenses offer a high level of contrast and clarity by blocking out yellow-spectrum light that creates visual 'noise'
- Previously 580 lens technology was only available in glass and now 580P offers the impact-resistance and reduced weight of a polycarbonate material with the same clarity
- A C-Shell lens coating is fused to the body of the lens and offers enhanced resistances to smudging, scratching, and sweat or oils
- Integrated stainless steel hinges rest inside the arms of the frames so as not to press against your face
- The Zane comes with Hydrolite temples that hold tighter the more you sweat—because the last thing you need is for your glasses to fall off into the ocean
- All Costa Del Mar sunglasses are handmade in their Florida headquarters here in the United States
- Q & A
What are the measurements?
Temple Length: 123 mm
Frame Width: 144 mm
Lens Height: 43 mm
Lens Width: 62 mm
Bridge: 16 mm
Seeing the world in a whole new light
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
I've had good pairs of shades, and plenty of bad pairs. I've suffered through a few years with some $15 ones that worked ok, but started falling apart. Being a Paddler and fisherman, I checked out some Costas at my local Academy Sports, and found a frame that fit me well (Zane), but the stores around me don't have the lens tech/color or frame color combo I wanted. Matte Black 580P Amber. Ordered here and saved the sales tax. I'm happy. If you're unsure of fit, do what I did.
Not as expected
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs large
I have enormous brand loyalty to Costa. I had the same pair of Triple Tails for 11 years before I lost them. These sunglasses were super nice but wider than expected and ended up looking like lady's sunglasses on me, and that's the only reason I didn't give them a good review. I'm 5'9" and 150lbs, so I don't know if my dome is just to small for these. The arms wrap around your head really nicely though. Nothing bad to say except they just didn't fit my face like I had hoped.