It's not getting older, it's getting better.
Costa Del Mar put the aviator style, which is now more than fifty years old, under the knife to produce the South Point Polarized Sunglasses with 580G glass. First, Costa plumped up the polarization that pilots have always needed for glare reduction, incorporating its vaunted 580 technology for unparalleled clarity and acuity. Next, it slimmed down the glass by incorporating lightweight, thin Lightwave glass, and augmented the temples for a fresh, youthful look. The result of all this work is an enhanced aviator that combines classic design, advanced technology, and modern style.
Proposition 65 Warning for California Consumers: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- 580 technology blocks yellow light and boosts red, green, and blue light for excellent contrast and definition
- Patented Lightwave glass is 20% thinner and 22% lighter than average polarized glass
- Tough, corrosion-resistant Monel frame stands up to repeated exposure to salt water
- Low-profile integral stainless steel hinges resist corrosion and keep their shape with heavy use
- See size chart for information on lens colors
|BLUE MIRROR||10%||(gray base) encapsulated mirrors deliver superior contrast and coloring in full sun while eliminating glare||offshore fishing, harsh sun, beach, natural contrast|
|GREEN MIRROR||10%||(copper base) encapsulated mirrors offer enhanced visual acuity and eliminate glare||high contrast, sight fishing in full sun|
|GRAY SILVER MIRROR||10%||(gray base) encapsulated mirrors enhance visul acuity and eliminate glare||everyday activities, overcast days|
|COPPER SILVER MIRROR||12%||(copper base) encapsulated mirrors enhance colors and also optimize light transmission||excellent for sight fishing, cloudy days, everyday activities, most versatile|
|GRAY||12%||maintains color saturation and natural contrast in medium to bright sun conditions||all-around activities, natural constrast|
|COPPER||12%||cuts glare and enhances contrast and color in all conditions||sight fishing in variable light and water conditions, driving, everyday activities, high contrast|
|SUNRISE SILVER MIRROR||30%||(sunrise base) high-contrast speciality lens made for sight fishing at dawn and dusk||low light/overcast conditions, sunrise/sunset, heightened contrast|
- *VLT (VISIBLE LIGHT TRANSMISSION):
- THE PERCENTAGE OF AVAILABLE LIGHT ALLOWED TO REACH THE EYE (THE LOWER THE NUMBER, THE DARKER THE LENS)