Fast rolling and comfy tires!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
These are really fast and comfy tires! I have them in 32 mm mounted on Bontrager Aeolus 3V rims (25 mm inner rim width). I have used the Bontrager TLR rim strip and Milkit valves with Orange Seal sealant. These are my first set of tubeless tires, and reading all the stories about how hard these tires are to mount, I was a bit worried initially. I have used these tricks:
1) unpack the tires and let them lie unfolded for a couple of days before I mounted them on;
2) the day I mounted them I let them lie out in the sun for another hour;
3) make sure the bead sits in the middle ridge and massage the already seated part of the tire as I seated the rest;
4) soapy water on the beads to make them slide easily (TBH, this made them so slippery that they kept popping off the rim before I could seat the rest of the tire so I had to clean it back again...);
5) final push with Pedro's tire levers.
In the end, it took maybe 5 mins to mount it, not too much harder than some clincher tires I had used before. I haven't done a scientific test to see which of the steps above had the most impact but it was definitely not what I feared.
On to the ride, these are simply great! I have previous experience with Continental GP 4000s, and these seem to be just flying on smooth tarmac. Bad roads don't feel that bad at all. I will see how long these tires last, but so far definitely highly recommended!