Shelter from the storm.
In addition to watching the weather report obsessively, take along the Columbia Men's South Canyon Jacket before venturing outside, just in case. Boasting Columbia's Omni-Tech membrane and fully sealed seams, the South Canyon Jacket offers guaranteed waterproofing from the rainy conditions you'll encounter while recreating outside. Fully breathable construction allows built-up water vapor to pass through its microscopic pores, so you're not a sweaty mess underneath. Plus, it's lightweight enough to easily stuff into your pack on extended trips into the wild.
- Stay totally dry in unpredictable weather
- Omni-Tech membrane seals out rain and moisture
- Breathable design for active wearing comfort
- Fully sealed to prevent moisture intrusion
- Adjustable hem and hood keep out the elements
- Dual-entry hand pockets with zippered closure
- Internal security pocket for extra storage
- Q & A
Great year-round coat!!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
I got this coat along with a Columbia fleece, because I currently live in South Florida but am visiting the Northeastern and Midwestern for the holidays. I hadn't had a proper rain coat that actually kept me dry, but didn't want to have to buy several coats (I needed a winter coat as well). This heavier rain coat works great for the FL rain (although does run a little warm) and is an awesome outer layer for visiting the colder climates, effectively blocking wind and snowfall. It's somewhat roomy too which helps with adding layers underneath. I am really satisfied with the all the pockets - it's got flaps and zippers to keep things safe and dry and several front pockets and an interior pocket . Also very clean and stylish looking.