Why We Like The Escape Thrive Ultra Trail Running Shoe
The max cushioned Columbia Escape Thrive Ultra Trail Running Shoe is our go-to tool for highspeed hikes and trail run training. These low-profile running shoes boast 8mm of drop to keep us moving forward, Techlite Plush cushioning to keep our joints happy, and a breathable but sturdy mesh upper that keeps our feet fresh and our footing confident.
- Trail running shoes designed for training days in the foothills
- Seamless mesh upper offers reliable breathability and durability
- 8mm drop propels you forward when your legs are fatigued
- Lace closure locks in your ideal feel for every adventure
- EVA midsole balances response, cushion, and support for long runs
- Lugged rubber outsole offers tacky traction from sand to loam
- Item #COLZAUZ
- Upper Material
- seamless mesh
- Techlite Plush foam (EVA)
- Adap Trax rubber, 5mm lugs
- Support Type
- Heel / Forefoot Height
- 36mm / 28mm
3 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
November 6, 2022
Immediate comfort, but soooo homely
- I've put it through the wringer
I clicked on this shoe because it was so very unattractive, and I was curious why BC would even consider selling, it. As I read the reviews it seemed the comfort level was very high for older women athletes right out of the box. This is true! Was able to hike and climb immediately with little pain as the shoes are springy, grip well and seem to have a slight forward tilt that gets you going. Medium support in the right places for my foot so didnt have to fool around with arch inserts. The laces are great and stay tied. Few negatives - the tongue is cut too narrow, so you will have a problem with lace rubbing if you like to wear low socks. The tread is great but will pick up every loose piece of grass, so they must be removed outside. They look ridiculous but they do work. This maker is known for quality products with dated styling - wish they would up their game there. Btw, got them for 50% off.
Originally reviewed on Backcountry.com