- Detail Images
Membrane outside, dry inside.
Sometimes, the best adventures happen during the worst weather, and that's why Columbia designed the Men's Catacomb Crest Parka. Built with innovative OutDry Extreme technology, this jacket turns the waterproof breathable jacket inside out by placing the fully taped, abrasion-resistant membrane on the outside and lining the jacket with a wicking textile that enables more breathability and next-to-skin comfort. The Catacomb parka is filled with high-loft down, which traps heat for lightweight warmth.
Columbia equipped the Catacomb Crest Parka with a number of ski-specific features to maximize your time on the slopes. A helmet-compatible hood features peripheral adjustability for optimal visibility. Underarm vents help regulate temperature during strenuous runs. An adjustable snap-back powder skirt seals out snow on deep days to keep you dry and comfortable. A variety of pockets, including ski pass and goggle-specific pockets, keep essentials in their place for easy access.
- A ski-specific jacket with innovative waterproof technology
- OutDry Extreme external membrane is waterproof and highly breathable
- Water-resistant down insulation for serious lightweight warmth
- External seam taping seals out water
- Helmet-compatible hood with peripheral adjustability
- Underarm venting for temperature regulation
- Adjustable powder skirt seals out wet and cold
- Active fit promotes mobility and reduces bulk while skiing
- Q & A
Not as great as I had expected
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs large
- Size Bought: Medium
While the material is nice, I expected it to be more insulated. The hood was ridiculously big with the fur lining on. It wouldn't be too bad if you were wearing a ski helmet. But I bought this parka as a fashion item, and it just looks silly with the hood on. I can see this parka being great in light rain, and aside from the large fit, it is pretty fashionable. I'd recommend ordering a size down, unless you have a pretty puffy mid layer.
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
One of my brothers lives in Berlin so, commuting to and from work I knew he needed a more 'stylish' Winter jacket but with the technology and design of a ski jacket. "This jacket is comfortable, durable and warm. The hood blocks the wind very well and keeps my head warm without even having to tighten it. I recently wore this jacket in the rain and the water just rolled right off. Highly recommended!"