The Chimera Sceptre Splitboard slices through any snow condition so you can tour the backcountry with the same board whether it's a powder day or an icy one. Its NoWave, directional freestyle profile lies flat underfoot to lengthen the board's effective edge for quicker turn initiations and solid edging on firmer snow. Alternatively, early rises in the tip and tail initiate float when you're cruising soft, deep powder.
To keep things light, Chimera built the Scepter with three-axis carbon stringers to assure proper flex without weighing you down. These carbon stringers also help on the skin track by adding a snappy reaction at every kick turn. The topsheet sheds snow and ice to keep weight off your board, and the Safety Base stays bright and visible for extra safety in the backcountry. There are clips and hooks to keep the board's halves together for the ride down.
- All-around backcountry splitboard rides well on any snow condition
- NoWave profile is flat underfoot to hold a solid edge on firm snow
- Early rise tip and tail initiate float in powder
- Three-axis carbon structure adds snappy stiffness without weight
- Non-stick topsheet and highly visible Safety Base underneath
- Clips and hooks included
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I have ridden and abused my Sceptre. It floats like a cork in powder and grips like a gorilla on hardpack. The profile and shape give it plenty of pop, a fun radius, and stability when botching the landing on cliff drop. I have used this thing from steep mountaineering lines in the tetons to the deepest snow you can imagine in BC. If you want one board to rule them all, you found it. Designed and tested by actual riders and guides.