Aero every day.
On race day, slipping on your aero kit before heading to the start line is a favorite ritual of yours, but it isn't one you crave on your everyday rides. Conversely, while you may not miss race kit on an evening after-work spin, you also don't want to sacrifice tailoring and functionality entirely on your routine workouts in favor of a "comfort-focused" sack of a jersey. Of course, Castelli knows all of this already. To solve the dilemma, the firm designed the Volata 2 Full-Zip Jersey as an everyday, race-inspired training jersey that won't feel like a step down.
Without completely sacrificing aerodynamics, Castelli relaxed the aggressive cut of the Aero Race 5.1 and adapted its Velocity fabric to the Volata 2. Velocity, a dimpled, highly breathable synthetic, works to create less drag over time as you ride, giving you a feel reminiscent of an "aero" race jersey, but without the extreme cut. Other additions, such as mesh inserts along the sides and shoulders, encourage mobility and ventilation as you move around in the saddle, whether you're putting yourself through hill repeats on a Thursday night until sunset or spending all day Saturday getting as far out of the city as possible.
- Log your training rides in this race-inspired jersey
- Form-fitting cut is closely tailored but not extreme
- Velocity dimpled fabric limits drag and wicks moisture
- Subtle mesh sleeve endings prevent wandering sleeves
- Soft jacquard elastic hem holds jersey in-place
- Multiple pockets store your favorite training fuel