Not afraid of a little rain.
You lose the most body heat from your head, so while you're riding on cold fall days that call for rain, use Castelli's Tempesta Cap to keep water out and heat in. Castelli constructs the hat with its proprietary eVent fabric, which is completely waterproof and doesn't release much heat, so it functions best on days when it's chilly and wet.
The cap looks like a traditional cycling hat from the front, with a small visor to keep rain from getting in your eyes, and a flap extends down the back of your neck to keep cold raindrops from making their way down your back as you're riding. Visibility becomes more important as the days get shorter, so the Tempesta cap includes reflective trim along the back to help motorists navigating dark, wet roads see you easier. Fully sealed seaming throughout this hat makes it completely waterproof, and with a sleek design that fits under your helmet, it's something you won't be embarrassed to be seen in while you're warming up with a coffee after your ride.
- A cycling cap for spinning in the rain
- Wind- and waterproof material and fully taped seams
- Drop flap spans the gap between hat and collar
- Low-profile construction fits under helmets
- Q & A
So helpful when riding in rain
1. Well made.
2. Fully taped.
3. The eVent material really is waterproof, yet also breathes well. A rare textile that pulls this off.
4. The bill helps keep the rain out of your eyes. It is certainly much better than a cotton cap in the rain!
5. The rear neck guard helps direct rain down the back of your jacket.
6. Thin material, so it fits well under your helmet.
7. The rear neck guard folds up into a little built-in pocket when not raining. Very clever, well done.
Fit: My head is 59 cm (23 inches) wide. I wear a size medium/large helmet (Giro). This cap fits great (snug). But I don't think it would fit a head size much larger.
Btw... in full-on rain (not just fog/mist/drizzle), I also often use a hi-viz, water-proof, helmet cover (Garneau and Gore make great ones). Optional but a very effective combination!
Survived the deluge
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: one size
Oh, this is awesome. It fit nicely on my huge dome, comfy enough to forget it was on my head. Not binding like some other hats I've used ( looking at you DeMarchi). Bill worked well to block the rain out of my face as well as the "mullet" protector for my neck wetness. Survived the thunderstorm I rode through undrenched (my head anyway). I expect it to last a good while like most of my Castelli stuff.