While we're still waiting to see if Froome is clear to fly at the grand tours, getting shepherded through the mountains by the likes of the cousins Henao and Geraint Thomas, one thing is for certain—on the very important mountain days in the heat, the squad will don the Men's Team Sky Climber's 2.0 Full-Zip Jersey. Now you too can sport the same jersey the highly-successful team wears that's suited particularly well to double-digit gradient climbs that go on and on while the sun relentlessly beats down its sweltering rays on the cyclists below.
Castelli uses Flusso 3D mesh fabric along the front and shoulders to keep it light and airy and it rates the jersey's ideal temperature range between 72 and 104-degrees Fahrenheit. The material remains impressively strong, despite being so lightweight and its capable of handling some heavy rotation during the dog days of summer when any other jersey would just be too stifling.
With climbing comes descending and motoring along in the valley floors, so it's no surprise that Castelli bestowed some aero elements to the jersey and patterned it after its Aero Race 5.1 Jersey. Differences in materials mean that the Climber 2.0 is only 2 watts slower in the drag department, something that we think is well worth it when you're trying to stay cool on your local climbs when turning the pedals in anger.
- A featherweight climbing jersey for the hottest rides
- Form fit limits aero drag as much as possible
- Airy Flusso 3D mesh creates breathibility on hot days
- Strada Pro 3D back provides structural support to pockets
- Minimal raw-edge arm cuffs reduce bulk and irritation
- 3 rear pockets hold money or cards for mid-ride beverages
- Drag reduction comes courtesy of the Aero Race 5.1 pattering
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This Jersey runs small, like all Castelli apparel. It's see through but it's by design because it provides ventilation. Another thing I noticed is that provides great help with the sweat. I'm usually a Medium size and I selected a Large, but if you don't like it baggy my advise is to select two sizes up.