Less is more.
When you commit to shoulder season riding, you know that just about anything can happen when you're out. You also know that riding with a backpack stuffed full of every kind of layer you could need is entirely impractical. Don't panic. Castelli's Perfetto Light Jersey answers prayers the world over for cyclists tired of shivering and sweating their way through springtime rides. Like its sibling, the Gabba, the Perfetto Light bridges the gap between jacket and jersey, but it does so using an insulation-free design and lighter-weight Windstopper panels for better versatility in a warmer range of conditions.
While you're pedaling earnestly under grey March skies, Windstopper 150 panels on the front, shoulders, and sleeves provide a safe haven from contentious spring gusts, and water-resistant Nano Light panels on the back of the jersey shield you from unexpected showers or wet roadsides. Rather than giving you all-out protection from anything, the Perfetto aims to shield you from certain spring elements and maintain breathability as you generate your own heat. Castelli recommends it for warm or damp weather in 50-68 degrees Fahrenehit, but with proper layering, it's a strong option well into the 40's as well.
- A cycling jersey for racing in inclement conditions
- GORE's Windstopper 150 is breathable, all-weather protection
- Racing fit is cut to eliminate flapping material
- Extended rear storm flap blocks wheel spray
- Mesh panels provide draining for pockets
- Reflective hem adds visibility in low-light conditions
- Castelli's Perfetto protection refined for warmer temperatures