Get a sure foot on the mountain, regardless of your alpine discipline.
Step out of your ski bindings and into the CAMP USA C12 Crampon when the summit route gets hairy. The C12’s automatic binding fits AT boots and most telemark boots, so your attempt to climb and ski Mt. Doom doesn’t end when you encounter 50-degree hardpack. These adjustable crampons require no tools to fit them to your ski or mountaineering boots.
- The Semi-Auto C12’s universal toe fits most semi-rigid mountaineering and hiking boots for alpine adventures
- The Auto C12 is designed for stiff boots with toe and heel welts (i.e. AT boots, telemark boots, and some mountaineering boots)
- The 12 partially flared points are configured to hold you to the mountain and prevent balling while making glacier walking tolerable
- 3D construction of the front platform (not just bent metal) ensures maximum pressure distribution with each careful step
- Heel clip design prevents snags on your pants in sketchy spots
- Q & A
Good for Alpine boots
I have set these up to my Dalbello Kryzma's, they are a good fit and work well with these boots. Obviously not as light as a full aluminium frame, I think they are a good addition to my basic ski mountaineeing set up!
Why do some step-in crampons have a metal...
Why do some step-in crampons have a metal strap on the toe bail and others do not? Is one design better than the other?