Safety is always in style.
You’re a lady who takes your climbing safety seriously, but the last thing you want on your favorite multi-pitch is some ugly oversized men’s helmet sliding down over your eyes. Worry not, the women-specific Armour Lady Helmet is your ticket to safety and style. The Armour Lady has all the same features as the standard Armour except for women-specific sizing and colors, making this the smart and stylish choice of female athletes.
- The Armour’s hybrid construction provides outstanding protection and a sleek look
- A rotating size adjustment wheel ensures the Armour will fit like a glove and quickly adjust to accommodate your beanie
- Comfort chin strap keeps this helmet firmly strapped to your head with minimal irritation
- The Armour is headlight compatible so you can keep the light on when you are forced to descend in the dark
- UIAA 106 and EN 12492 certified
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Initially I thought maybe the other reviewers were just too picky. I should have listened to them. This helmet sits high on the head, and seems to just be oddly shaped in every way. I really wish I hadn't purchased it and now I can't return it. I am going to get a Black Diamond Half Dome.
My wife loved her 1st version of this helmet for ski mountaineering, but lost it when if fell out of her Mammut helmet holder on her pack. This one did not work at all. The adjustment strap did not work; it would not hold an adjustment, just pop out to the largest position at the lightest touch.
Sits high on the head
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Even after adjusting it, this helmet sits a little high on the head. I worry about the back of my head just not having enough protection.
I don't do too much outdoor climbing, so I may keep it for now but replace it with a helmet with better coverage.
Joined the Club of save your Brain
I wear a helmet for all the other activities; biking, boating, and skiing but I tend to shy away from wearing a climbing helmet unless doing multipitch due to the fit and weight UNTIL NOW. I'm in love with the Armour; it's light, easy to adjust, fits like a charm, and now lives in my cragging pack.
- - the body of the helmet is is a lighter pink than it looks in the image
|Armour, Speed Comp|
21.3 - 23.6in
(54 - 60cm)
|Armour Lady, Armour Junior|
21.3 - 22.4in
(54 - 57cm)
20.9 - 23.6in
(53 - 60cm)
18.9 - 22in
(48 - 56cm)
22 - 24.4in
(56 - 62cm)
18.9 - 22in
(48 - 56cm)
21.3 - 24.4in
(54 - 62cm)
- Head Circumference:
- Measure around your head where your hat would fit comfortably.