Why We Like The Family Tree Hometown Hero X Splitboard
Sometimes it can be hard to find time in our schedule for backcountry adventures. However, tthe Burton Family Tree Hometown Hero X Splitboard is here to help us sneak out for some speedy pre-work laps in one of our favorite zones and still make it back in time for the start of our shift.
The lively, ultra-light X construction and Methlon base let us maintain a blistering clip without spending much energy, and thanks to the directional camber profile and setback stance, we're provided the power, control, and float we need to rip everything from untouched backcountry bowls to natural feature-filled rock gardens. As Burton's lightest split model, this highly versatile board is an easy choice for freeride tourers who dream of going faster and exploring farther—with time left in the day to spare.
- Lightweight, versatile split for finding hidden backcountry gems
- Directional camber profile provides float, pop, and control
- Tapered directional shape makes for fast, agile turns
- Medium-stiff, twin flex for a well-balanced ride
- Mystery Glass delivers an unparalleled strength-to-weight ratio
- Dragonfly core adds lightweight strength and impact-resistance
- Methlon base ensures consistent speed with little upkeep
- Equipped with signature Split-Channel board mounting system
- Item #BURZ8UT