Placing a bomber nut feels like the best thing ever when you’re hanging on for dear life, but getting that same nut out on the way back down can make you wish you’d just run it out to the anchors and saved the hassle. Black Diamond’s Wiregate Nut Tool makes retrieving stuck stoppers way easier, so you won’t have to abandon your beloved #7 100 feet off the deck.
- Always throw this nut-retrieval weapon onto your rack
- The wiregate is light and makes racking up easy
- Machined windows save weight without reducing strength
- The rounded heel helps you pound out particularly recalcitrant nuts
- Q & A
Solid Nut Tool
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I purchased this nut tool over the other black diamond nut tool for the wire gate to be able to attach to my harness without an extra carabiner and for the flat butt to avoid pain when I need to really hammer on this to get pieces that are really dug in the wall loose.
After using it, I really love clipping it to the harness easily with the wire gate, but I have found that even with the slattened, semi-smooth end, it still hurts pretty bad to hammer on these with your palm. If that is a concern, maybe consider getting a padded nut tool or one with a wider flat end.
Overall, I really like this product.