Speed is your friend.
For speedy ascents, big traverses, and multi-day trips, Black Diamond created the Route 88 Ski. BD's new Route series is a more versatile, damper, and stiffer version of their well-known Helio series—not to mention at a much lower price-point. The Route 88 is the thinnest and lightest member of the fleet, enabling you to move through the alpine quickly and efficiently.
When designing a lightweight touring ski, Black Diamond made sure they didn't sacrifice downhill performance. Constructed with a poplar wood core and a pre-preg fiberglass layup, the Route 88 is springy and playful, while maintaining torsional rigidity and stiffness, ensuring a smooth descent in all kinds of conditions. The early rise tip keeps you afloat in fresh snow, and camber underfoot keeps you stable and controlled while you're ripping turns down a chute. Plus, you'll be stoked about the short, snappy turn radius when it's time to put your jump turns to the test at the top of a gnarly entrance.
- A lightweight touring ski for big days and multi-day trips
- 88mm waist handles firm snow and technical lines
- Early rise tip keeps you afloat in fresh snow
- Camber underfoot handles firm, variable conditions
- Poplar wood core is springy and playful
- Pre-preg fiberglass layup maintains torsional rigidity
- Short, snappy turn radius for maneuvering sketchy terrain
- Item #BLD00PA
- 158cm, 168cm, 178cm
- [158cm] 119 / 88 / 110mm, [168cm] 121 / 88 / 111mm, [178cm] 123 / 88 / 112mm
- Turn Radius
- [158cm] 17m, [168cm] 17m, [178cm] 18m
- semi-rocker tip, traditional camber
- flat-top (sandwich)
- poplar wood, pre-preg fiberglass
- Claimed Weight
- (pair) 6lb 13oz
- Recommended Use
- backcountry skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year