- Detail Images
Speed is your friend.
For speedy ascents, big traverses, and multi-day trips, Black Diamond created the Route 88 Ski. BD's new Route series is a more versatile, damper, and stiffer version of their well-known Helio series—not to mention at a much lower price-point. The Route 88 is the thinnest and lightest member of the fleet, enabling you to move through the alpine quickly and efficiently.
When designing a lightweight touring ski, Black Diamond made sure they didn't sacrifice downhill performance. Constructed with a poplar wood core and a pre-preg fiberglass layup, the Route 88 is springy and playful, while maintaining torsional rigidity and stiffness, ensuring a smooth descent in all kinds of conditions. The early rise tip keeps you afloat in fresh snow, and camber underfoot keeps you stable and controlled while you're ripping turns down a chute. Plus, you'll be stoked about the short, snappy turn radius when it's time to put your jump turns to the test at the top of a gnarly entrance.
- A lightweight touring ski for big days and multi-day trips
- 88mm waist handles firm snow and technical lines
- Early rise tip keeps you afloat in fresh snow
- Camber underfoot handles firm, variable conditions
- Poplar wood core is springy and playful
- Pre-preg fiberglass layup maintains torsional rigidity
- Short, snappy turn radius for maneuvering sketchy terrain