Black Diamond Helio Recon 105 Burkard Edition Alpine Touring Ski
- 175cm, 185cm
- [175cm] 132 / 105 / 118mm [185cm] 134 / 108 / 119mm
- Turn Radius:
- [175cm] 21m [185cm] 22m
- rocker / camber / rocker
- ABS sidewalls
- pre-preg fiberglass
- Claimed Weight:
- [175cm] 7lb 8oz, [185cm] 7lb 15oz
- Recommended Use:
- backcountry skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 1 year
Helio Recon 105 Burkard Edition Ski
- BD's most popular backcountry ski with special edition top sheet
- 105mm waist is the widest Recon ski, optimized for powder
- Rockered tip and tail ease turn initiation in softer snow
- Camber underfoot holds an edge on firmer snow
- Poppy poplar wood core with pre-preg fiberglass for stiffness
- ABS sidewalls add long-lasting durability season after season
- Added damping technology borrowed from Helio's popular design
Recommended Sizing Guide
Your ski size is largely determined by both your skiing ability and your preferred style of skiing. For example, an expert skier in Vermont will ski a far different ski than an expert in British Columbia. So take a look at our chart and explanations and find your perfect fit. Your weight also plays a large factor in finding the right ski. If you are either under or over average weight for your height consider downsizing or upsizing, respectively.
|Big-Mountain Freeride||Backcountry Jib||All-Mountain||Park & Pipe||All-Mountain Carve|
|Pro||180 - 200cm||180 - 190cm||180 - 190cm||175 - 185cm||175 - 185cm|
|Expert||170 - 180cm||175 - 185cm||170 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||170 - 185cm|
|Intermediate||160 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||160 - 175cm|
|Entry Level||N/A||N/A||150 - 170cm||150 - 170cm||150 - 170cm|
SKILL LEVEL EXPLANATIONS
Pro: Excels on any terrain, on any snow condition. Enjoys high speeds.
Expert: Comfortable on any terrain and most snow conditions.
Intermediate: Comfortable on Blue trails, exploring Black trails.
Entry Level: Learning to ski Green and Blue trails.
SKIING STYLE EXPLANATIONS
Big-Mountain Freeride: High speeds, deep powder, steep lines, straightlining, chutes, cliffs.
Backcountry Jib: Backcountry kickers, hucking, twintips, deep powder.
All-Mountain: From bumps to back bowls, groomers to glades; everything and anywhere on the mountain.
Park & Pipe: De-tuned edges and buttery twin tips, occasionally pole-impaired.
All-Mountain Carve: Stiff. High-speed corduroy cutter. For those blind to SLOW signs.