Get after it.
There's nothing better than getting first tracks while the rest of the world is still eating breakfast, but no one said getting up at 4 a.m. for a dawn patrol was easy. Heading out into the frigid morning air can be tough, so Black Diamond created the First Light Hooded Jacket to make that first step a little easier.
The First Light hoodie is Black Diamond's most breathable insulation piece, with PrimaLoft Silver Active technology that keeps you comfortable whether you're cruising up the skintrack, traversing a wind-blasted ridge, or hoofing it up a bootpack. The helmet-compatible hood is quick to flip up when the winds pick up, and lightweight stretch fabric allows full range of motion for tricky maneuvers on the ascent. The jacket stows into its internal chest pocket with a carabiner clip loop so you can clip it to your harness or stuff it in your pack when the weather changes abruptly.
- A lightweight, durable jacket for big objectives in the alpine
- PrimaLoft Silver Active offers breathable insulation
- NanoSphere technology repels moisture
- Lightweight stretch fabric increases mobility
- Helmet-compatible hood for extra protection
- Stows in internal chest pocket
- With a mission to bring high-quality climbing and ski gear to the public, Black Diamond has been driving the industry since 1957