Distance 15 Backpack
Black Diamond's Distance 15 Backpack is hybrid pack that combines an alpine-worthy daypack with shoulder straps similar to running vests. There are pockets sized for HydraPak's 500ml SoftFlasks as well as two smaller pockets for nutrition and another pocket sized for Black Diamond's lightest wind shell, the Deploy Wind Shell Jacket. The shoulder straps utilize Black Daimdon's stitch-less Edge Taping Technology to eliminate chafing and promote ventilation. The BD Dry back panel also ventilates, as well as wicks moisture and dries quickly to promote fast-moving activities high up in the mountains. Black Diamond made the main compartment out of Dynex—the same material used for Black Diamond's Ultralight Camalots—for superior durability that doesn't weigh you down. The main compartment is durably water-resistant to protect your gear all year long.
- Daypack designed for running, trekking, and alpine climbing
- Running vest shoulder straps with soft flask and nutrition pockets
- BD Dry back panel wicks moisture, dries quickly, and ventilates
- Water-resistant main compartment with quick top flap access
- Internal stretch mesh divider holds hydration reservoirs
- Dual ice tool/trekking pole carry systems
- Deploy pocket sized to fit Black Diamond's Deploy Wind Shell Jacket
- Q & A
Fits like a straitjacket.
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
I'm 6'2" and 195 lbs so I ordered the Large. It's the biggest size it comes in. This thing was difficult to get on and impossible to get off. I was wearing a T shirt and light fleece. There are some adjustments that can be made but not a whole lot. I'm printing the return label now.