No need to compromise.
Minimizing weight and space on gear-intensive trips is important, but so is not getting frostbite in the middle of the night. Take care of both problems with the Big Agnes Blackburn UL 0 Degree Down Sleeping Bag. Whether you're backpacking through high-altitude ranges in summer or going on a ski touring hut trip, the Blackburn UL is the ideal way to stay warm without tacking on too much extra bulk.
Down insulation keeps you comfortable through below-freezing temperatures while making the bag lightweight and highly compressible. The down is treated with DownTek to protect it from loft-compromising moisture. Just to be safe, the soft and smooth ripstop fabric is treated with a DWR coating to repel any wayward drips and drops. A full-length pad keeps your sleeping pad from shifting throughout the night, and it maximizes thermal efficiency by protecting you from the frozen ground. Big Agnes also included an integrated pillow pocket to keep your camp pillow in place, and you can even stuff it with spare layers when you really want to go minimalist. The Free Range hood and No-Draft collar, wedge, and zipper prevent cold air from slipping in through the cracks. Plus, the vaulted, tapered footbox gives your toes room to wiggle without creating large cold air pockets.
- A warm, roomy bag that minimizes weight and bulk
- Sculpted contour improves insulation performance
- 850-fill down offers excellent warmth-to-weight ratio
- DownTek maintains insulating value in wet conditions
- Integrated pad sleeve keeps sleeping pad in place
- Free Range hood lets you lift head without adjustment
- Left- and right-zip bags can be mated together
- Interior fabric loops for sleeping bag liners