For the sections you can't ski down.
Depending on the snow level, Pfeifferhorn's Northwest Couloir has one or two required rappels, and that certainly weight to your backpack. Ropes are big and bulky enough, so make sure you pack Beal's Snow Guide Harness for any ski mountaineering endeavor. It's ultralight and extremely compact, partly due to the Web-Core technology that every high-end Beal harness has, but also because the innovative of replacing harness's standard webbing with Dyneema. Dyneema's know far and wide by members of the vertical world for its pliable, lightweight strength that climbers trust their lives with.
- Ultralight harness packs small for ski mountaineering
- Web-Core technology keeps the weight down and the strength up
- Dyneema straps drastically reduce weight and increase packability
- Self-locking buckle gives a quick and secure fit
- Clips at leg loops let you put the harness on with crampons or skis
- Outfitted with two gear loops, two ice screw attachments, and back loop for tag lines