- Detail Images
At first raindrop.
Pull the Basin and Range Men's New Moon Packable Rain Jacket out of its own chest pocket the moment you feel the first raindrop. Its ultralight, ultra-thin fabric has a DWR coating to deflect raindrops and repel light moisture. Basin and Range added elastic cuffs and adjustments at the hood and hem to maintain solid coverage when the weather's windy as well as rainy.
- Rain jacket packs in its own chest pocket for compact storage
- Light, durable nylon fabric with Durable Water Resistant coating
- Elastic cuffs and adjustable hem and hood secure the fit
- Basin and Range's clothing line is a direct inspiration from mountain lifestyles
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Size Bought: L
Very similar to Patagonia's Houdini both in weight and fabric. Extremely packable, (packs into the chest pocket), light-wight, DWR (water-resistant) finish, and cool colors. I'm 6'1 at 185 lbs with long arms and medium build and both the L and M fit. I'm undecided which I want to keep. The L is slightly baggy on me but will allow more room for layers, which is great for those Fall/Winter climbs when I want something warmer underneath. M gives me a more fitted look without restricting movement, which I prefer for runs and casual hikes/walks. I've yet to test out the DWR finish but it feels like it'll be good enough to get you back to the car in a light rain.