Whopping dose of warmth and ultralight protection, because you and your sled have serious tracks to make.
Like a moto boot for sledding, the ultralight and superstrong Baffin Men's Pivot Boot not only protects against truly frigid temps but its carbon-fiber construction absorbs impact and vibration on the lower leg. With eight layers of insulation for a comfort rating of -94F and a moisture-managing liner, your feet will stay warm and dry from sunup until the next sunup (if that's how you roll).
- Eight layers of inner boot insulation with heat-reflecting insulation deliver -94F(-70C)-rated warmth and comfort
- Velvet-smooth Thermaplush lining wicks moisture away from your foot
- Carbon fiber 'leather' and ripstop nylon upper are strong and resilient to protect against impact during high-speed activities like sledding
- Convenient rear entry closes with quick and easy Boa lacing that provides on-the-fly adjustment and superior fit
- Articulated instep pleats allow comfortable flex without sacrificing warmth or support
- Ultralight BXT with microscopic gas-filled cells in midsole offers extraordinary warmth and support
- Strong rubber outsole integrated with superior arch support system provides grip, durability, and efficient, natural-feeling support
- Q & A
Carefull of Size
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs small
I own several pairs of Bafin Boots and usually order one size larger than my normal shoe size. I.E. I wear a 12 so order 13 with these I could not get my foot into the 13 must be the rear entry . Bafin boots are spectacular just be careful on the size of this model.
I bought these to wear sledding, they are like wearing giant heated pillows on your feet. I have had them out in extremely cold weather and my feet were far warmer than the rest of me. The splint liner is sometimes a pain when slipping them on, but easy to fix.
Great for Snowmobiling
I needed a boot for mountain snowmobiling and these are the ticket. They are a bit larger/bulkier than I expected but they are also a good bit warmer than I expected. Some of the reviews I read said this boot was quite stiff so I was a bit skeptical about that as I did not want to lose the option to ride a pow surfer if it came up. I do not find these boots to be much, if any, stiffer than a standard pair of Sorels.
My only complaint comes with the liner. It is split to allow it to expand when taking on and off but I think it would be a bit better if the liner would overlap when tightening. I have to keep an eye on it when cranking down the BOA to make sure that the liner collapses well and does not get bunched up.
Other than that, the boot is exactly what I was hoping for
Baffin Pivot Boot - Men's
Phenomenal control & warmth.
As an Regional Avalanche Forecaster, I spend a lot of time on mountain sleds. Most days I ride in ski boots, but on big days when I need to cover a lot of terrain, it's just not feasible to ski. That's where these boots come in. I put around 50 days on them this season and they wore very well, they still look nearly new. I'm a very true 11.5 street shoe with a foot that's a bit narrower than average. I ordered both the 11's and 12's and ended keeping the 11's. The fit great and keep my feet warm. I was out on days when temps were hovering around -30c. That's freakin' cold, but my feet stayed nice and warm. I highly recommend these for mountain sledding.
|US Men||US Women||UK Men||UK Women||EU|