If you're feeling a little irie and need a touch of the Caribbean when you're deep in the midst of a mental, physical, and spiritual getaway in the woods, just boil some water and enjoy the Backpacker's Pantry Jamaican Style Jerk Rice with Chicken.
- Add 2 cups (480mL) of boiling water to contents, stir well, seal, and let sit for 13 minutes
- Then stir and enjoy cultural delicacy anywhere
- Provides enough food for two backcountry travelers or one backpacker with a hearty appetite
- Check tech specs for ingredients, allergens, and nutritional data
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I can always get behind a good jerk meal and this was oh to satisfying.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Chicken is almost the last ingredient... Not really a pleasing flavor, almost bitter.
Not bad for freeze dried food. Doesn't beat actually cooking, but when in a pinch or when pack weight is an issue, this works fine. Could serve 2 small meals or one hungry person.