Wolverine Cirque Insulated Jacket
Part of Backcountry's touring collection, the Women's Wolverine Cirque Insulated Jacket was designed with input from Backcountry Gearheads looking for a solution to the backcountry skier's eternal struggle: staying warm without overheating. To solve the dilemma, the Wolverine Cirque features stretchy, super breathable panels at the back and underarm areas and 60 grams of synthetic insulation at the core, allowing moisture to escape while we're working hard on the steeps, but trapping in precious warmth during transitions on chilly summits. Besides being breathable, the stretch panels offer an unhindered range of motion that we appreciate as we're booting up the steep chutes of the jacket's namesake, Utah's own Wolverine Cirque.
Because fat snowflakes and gusting wind are inevitable in the mountains, the jacket's face fabric is water- and wind-resistant, meaning we don't have to stop to whip out our shells at the first sign of snow. A band of stretch fabric on the hem prevents the jacket from riding up underneath a pack, and the large hand pockets are strategically placed to remain accessible under a harness or pack waist belt. All the zipper pulls are easy to operate with gloves on for fumble-free adjustment, while low-profile fleece cuffs with engineered thumb holes keep the sleeves securely in place when it's time to throw on the Backcountry x Flylow Pfeifferhorn Jacket and descend via one of Wolverine Cirque's iconic chutes.
- Stay comfortable on the climbs and descents in this active mid-layer
- Breathable stretch panels in high-sweat areas prevent overheating
- Stretch panels offer unrestricted mobility on the skin track and the steeps
- Weather-resistant fabric repels falling flakes and chilly wind
- Synthetic insulation works to trap body heat for reliable warmth
- Large pockets are placed high to fit seamlessly under harness or backpack
- Gearhead Certified Product