You'll thank yourself later.
Your alpine boots may have walk mode, but that doesn't mean you'll enjoy the bootpack. A slightly more intermediate version than the terrain-crushing Backland boot, the Atomic Backland NC Ski Boot makes a bomber first tech boot, blending uphill efficiency and downhill rippability.
Weighing just under three pounds a foot, these kicks let you fly up the skin track, with a wide range of motion in walk mode and Frictionless Pivot to ensure a smooth and consistent climb. The Cross Lace closure provides a secure and easy way to lock your foot in, and the 30mm strap lets you crank these things down when you're ready to careen through some well-deserved spring corn.
- A lightweight touring boot for efficient ski touring
- True Flex holds its feel in changing climates
- Frictionless Pivot ensures a smooth climb
- Cross Lace closure holds your foot in securely
- Free/Lock 2.0 walk mode provides a comfortable range of motion
- 30mm strap locks you in on the descent
- Skywalk rubber gains traction on icy bootpacks
- Q & A
Killer first Skimo/Race boot
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
If you are dabbling into skimo racing, or just need a boot to take laps up your local resort in the morning before work, this boot is perfect. The removable tongue gives you more range of motion than any other boot on the market and the "frictionless pivot" cuff system makes for smooth and effortless tour.
I have a pair of these to supplement my Backland Carbon's - carbon's for beefier missions or where i need the stiffness, and these when i am just out for a lap. They will keep both my boots in top shape for longer and because the parts on both boots are the same - they will be great interchangeable part boots.