Superlight for the steeps.
Backcountry touring isn't just about skiing down the freshest powder around; depending on the season, most days consist of cruddy, icy hardpack. On days like that, strap the Atomic Women's Backland 85 Ski to your boot, and tour far in search of steep couloirs, hard-to-reach summits, and downright aesthetic lines. This Backland boasts an ultralight weight barely exceeding five pounds, so your legs won't feel fatigued after a long day of touring.
An 85mm waist helps this ski ride over crud and hardpack with ease, but Atomic's All Mountain Rocker profile includes an early rise so you can ride over any softer snow you happen to come across. The All Mountain Rocker also includes camber underfoot to ensure edge control when you're skiing down icy chutes. Atomic built this ski's core with poppy poplar wood and caruba wood to keep the ski ultralight, and there's a carbon backbone to enhance agility and edge hold without adding much weight.
- Ultralight touring ski climbs the steepest summits with ease
- 85mm waist width conquers crud, hard pack, and icy terrain
- All Mountain Rocker's early rise rides over softer snow with ease
- Ultralight wood core blends poppy poplar with lightweight caruba
- Carbon backbone enhances edge hold and agility without extra weight