- Detail Images
Backcountry and beyond.
Backcountry touring isn't just about skiing down the freshest powder around. Depending on the season, most days can consist of cruddy, icy hardpack. When faced with firm conditions, step into Atomic's Backland 85 Ski and lay turns down steep couloirs, hard-to-reach summits, and downright aesthetic lines with confidence. This Backland boasts an impressive weight barely exceeding five pounds, so your legs won't feel fatigued after a long day of touring.
An 85mm waist helps this ski hold an edge on hardpack with ease, but Atomic's All Mountain Rocker profile includes an early rise so you can ride through any wind-drifted pow you happen to come across. The All Mountain Rocker also includes camber underfoot to ensure edge control when you're skiing down icy chutes. Atomic built this ski's core with poppy poplar wood and caruba wood to keep the ski light, and there's a carbon backbone to save weight and maintain a stiff flex.
- An ultralight touring ski for conquering long distances
- 85mm waist width conquers crud, hard pack, and icy terrain
- All Mountain Rocker's early rise rides over softer snow with ease
- Ultralight wood core blends poppy poplar with lightweight caruba
- Carbon backbone enhances edge hold and agility without extra weight