Choosing a wardrobe for summer rides is simple. It's hot, so go light. The shoulder seasons are a bit more complicated, especially on days when a ride begins under will it/won't it cloud cover, necessitating all manner of anti-weather accessories that may simply end up stuffed in jersey pockets. But winter riding presents the ultimate dilemma. Over- or underdressing for a winter ride doesn't just leave you uncomfortable like an unnecessary rain vest in autumn, it may leave you unable to finish your ride. Assos engineered the BonkaJacketLaalalai for we ladies who can't afford to miss those winter miles so can't afford to get the pre-ride prep wrong.
The Bonka strikes the right balance for cold temperatures that may also be accompanied by wet, windy conditions; however, it does so while maintaining a degree of breathability that lets moisture pass out. This breathability helps prevent the all-to-common situation where a series of intervals or a punchy climb leaves you wallowing in a clammy chill for the rest of the ride—or worse, leaves you so chilled that you're forced to abandon the ride altogether.
Despite that breathability, the Bonka's above-mentioned weather resistance keeps icy winter winds and drizzles or road spray from penetrating your microclimate, either one of which will sap the heat from your core regardless of how warm your engine is running. The jacket's membrane and water-resistance protect cycling-specific insulation, which holds just enough of your engine's heat to keep you spinning but not sweating.
The jacket is finished with typically obsessive details, including a built in gaiter that deploys from behind the neck in order to protect that often underserved area. The front hem is raised in order to maintain a racing silhouette despite the jacket's primary role as base mile enabler, and the lie-flat cuffs are extended on the back of the hand in order to reduce the risk of gap between sleeves and gloves.
- A winter cycling jacket for dedicated base miles
- Weather resistance keeps wind and water at bay
- Light insulation traps the right amount of heat
- Highly breathable to prevent accumulation of moisture
- Pockets for cold-weather riding essentials
- Reflective details help maintain visibility in low-light
- Assos is demonstrating a new commitment to women's cycling
|Leg, Knee, Arm Warmers||0||I|
|Note: Assos clothing has a very slimming, anatomic cut, if your build is less than slim or if you like your fit looser, go up in size.|
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Standing with your feet together, measure around the widest part of your hips.
- Measure around the widest part of your chest.