More talon than boot.
The Asolo Men's Falcon GV Hiking Boot grips slippery stones and tree roots like a bird of prey clinging to its hearty fish of the day. Its Vibram rubber sole consists of a Megagrip compound that assures grip on slick terrain. Asolo also outfitted the Falcon with a waterproof Gore-Tex Extended Comfort membrane with amplified breathability properties ideal for summer hikes.
- Burly hiking boot built for demanding terrain
- Waterproof Gore-Tex Extended Comfort with amplified breathability
- Strong suede upper with Cordura cuff for durable longevity
- Lite 2 footbed with dual-density midsole for cushy comfort
- Vibram's rubber sole made of a Megagrip compound
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 10
I used it this last weekend on a backpacking trip to Lake Amethyst in the high Uintas. They literally have no break in period, and are super comfortable. The Goretex waterproofing was great when trudging through a stream or during a light rainfall. I didn't have any issues with wet socks. The Vibram sole was super grippy. I don't recall slipping a single time, even on wet surfaces during the hike. My only complaint was that the insole could use a bit more padding. I'll probably end up buying an insert for these.