Lightweight safety for long tours.
The holidays may have put a damper on your plans to lose a few pounds before touring season really kicks off, but at least you can cheat and shave a little weight by picking up the Arva Reactor 40 Avalanche Airbag Backpack. It has a lightweight design that won't weigh you down when you're deep in the backcountry, and the airbag increases your chances of surviving a slide by keeping you near the surface and protecting your head and neck from blunt force trauma.
With a simple pull of the rotating handle, the canister fills the airbag with compressed gas in a matter of seconds (cylinder sold separately). The height-adjustable pull handle gives you the ability to dial in the most comfortable feel for you, so you know right where to pull it in the event of an emergency. The Reactor system's collapsible handle locks into place, so you don't accidentally deploy it when you're getting on a ski lift.
As the biggest pack in the Reactor line, the Reactor 40 is ideal for all-day, multiple ascent tours and overnight yurt trips. A dedicated avy tool pocket keeps your probe and shovel within quick reach in case of emergency. The ventilated back panel offers a comfortable fit, and its back length and shoulder straps can be dialed in to match your torso length.
Please note: this airbag system is NOT a guarantee that you will survive an avalanche; get educated, get the right tools, travel with partners, and be smart out there.
- Airbag pack increases your safety in the backcountry
- Lightweight design lightens load for intense tours
- Enough storage capacity for long days and overnighters
- Dedicated avy tool pocket offers quick access to emergency gear
- 3D Fit system and ventilated back for carrying comfort
- Ski and snowboard carry straps hold sticks when bootpacking
- Safety leg straps prevent pack from being carried away during slide