- Detail Images
Faster, smarter, safer.
The Axio Beacon is Arva's most advanced avalanche transceiver designed for avid backcountry skiers who strive for the safest gear available. Unlike most beacons, even those with three antennas, the Axio's three antennas work simultaneously to provide a faster, smarter route search. The third antenna folds out of the beacon's housing to maximize its reception, reduce wandering along curved flux lines, and improve multi-burial identifications.
Going beyond its unique three-antenna design, the Axio also features marking functions for multiple victim situations. It will alert you when you're leaving the flux line, and need to make a sharp U-turn back to buried victims. There's a motion detector that will switch the beacon's search mode back to transmitting if you go still all the sudden, just in case you get stuck in a second avalanche while searching for victims. Arva also designed this beacon to minimize distortions from phones, heated gloves, and other electronics. The group check feature helps you check your partners' beacons at the trailhead before heading out to avalanche terrain.
- Arva's high-end beacon for backcountry touring
- Three antennas work simultaneously for a faster search
- Marking function for multiple victim situations
- Motion detector automatically switches to transmit mode
- Dynamic interference management minimizes distortions
- Group check quickens trailhead beep tests
- Q & A
Solid product, Hopefully it works good..
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Haven't had to use it in a real life situation yet, but from messing around with it and practicing with it. It feels and works like a solid product that I can count on. Its pretty small as well which is an added bonus.