Armada Tracer 98 Ski
Keep your friends close and your skis closer.
We all dream of that one-quiver ski that sinks deep pow turns one day and effortlessly rails hardpack the next. While no one is sure if this mystical catch-all ski really exists, the Tracer 98 is Armada's most versatile pair of planks in the new Tracer fleet, and it's a top contender for your new daily driver both in bounds or out. With a 98mm waist, the Tracer 98 can handle pretty much anything Old Man Winter throws your way—the rockered profile keeps you afloat in the soft stuff, while camber underfoot lets you carve like your old GS days.
The hybrid wood core utilizes a lighter wood in the tip and tail, with denser wood underfoot to ease turn initiation and give you that giddy playfulness that makes you feel like a kid again. Armada's new Xrystal Mesh layup features an Innegra Mesh insert underfoot that gives you the dampness and stability you need for a smooth ride through crunchy crud and chowder fields alike. Slap a pair of AT bindings on these freeride machines and you have yourself a solid backcountry setup that's ready to drop pillow lines and smear steep patches of corn.
- An all-mountain ski that's playful no matter the conditions
- 98mm waist underfoot offers great all-mountain versatility
- Rockered profile encourages float over the powder and crud
- Traditional camber underfoot increases edge-to-edge response
- Hybrid wood core is damp yet lightweight and maneuverable
- Mesh insert provides dampness and stability
- Base treatment maximizes glide and speed
Perfect groomer shredder
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Armada nailed it with these skis! These things will take a freshly groomed drop and turn in into butter. They have just a tiny amount of rocker which ensures full edge contact for a good carve. They float in the pow but don't bounce well in the bumps. Overall, these skis could easily find my way into my quiver for all mountain shredding!