Trace 108 Ski
The Armada Trace 108 Ski believes there is no reason to wist another backcountry run on skinny skis just to save weight on the way up. This 108mm waisted ski is lightweight enough for even the most picky backcountry riders while still offering an exceptionally controllable and fun ride down your go to backcountry terrain. The EST All-Mountain Rocker further enhances the float by offering rocker from the contact points out to the tip and tail while a powerful camber section underfoot helps you grip steep skin tracks and hold an edge in dicey chutes and on rocky faces. Finally the Hybrid Ultra-Light Core further cuts weight while providing a damp and responsive feel that is complimented by the durable and torsionally resistant Xrystal Mesh laminates.
- High performance downhill ski with lightweight uphill perfromance
- 108mm waist offers freedom and control in untouched powder
- EST All-Mountain rocker mixes float in pow and powerful edge hold
- Short turn radius adds a nimble feel for navigating tight lines
- Hybrid Ultra-light core conserves energy for multiple laps
- Tapertop 3D profiling adds stability at the edges of your ski
- Comp series base helps you glide out of backcountry basins
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I am 5'3 135 lbs and a type 2 /3 skiier. I decided to put myself out of my comfort zone and buy an aggressive ski to improve on my skills and to become a true type 3 skier.. I was previously skiing on an east coast all mountain twin tip ski (149cm and 85mm under foot) and am so happy with my choice to buy the 164cm size in these! I got to test them out on all the powder we got here this last weekend in Utah and I was in heaven. So much stability and surface area which I was lacking on my twin tips. I was still able to carve it up on the groomers but was able to whip them around in the trees as well. I am from the southeast and powder is not a thing so I am still learning how to get around but these skis are going to make that learning curve much smaller.! So excited for this season to be in full swing!