Aqua-Bound Manta Ray Carbon Paddle - 2-Piece Posi-Lok
Select style & size:Select options
- Black Carbon Abx,210cmsale $137.97
- Black Carbon Abx,230cmsale $137.97
- Black Carbon Abx,240cmsale $137.97
- Black Carbon Abx,250cmsale $137.97
The drag racing muscle car of kayak paddles.
Super lightweight and ultimate horsepower, that's the Aqua-Bound 2 Piece Manta Ray Carbon Paddle. Featuring Aqua-Bound's largest blade shape, the Manta Ray offers plenty of surface area for tons of bite in the water. This is ideal for strong paddlers looking for more power, bigger boats, and moving water. While certainly not Aqua-Bound's most efficient blade shape, the Manta Ray is certainly the shape that will get your boat cruising the fastest. This 2-piece model is ideal for paddlers who need to bushwack to access hidden waterways or want to fly to far-off rivers.
The great thing about this paddle is that while the large blade might lack the efficiency of a more streamlined blade, the paddle's overall lightweight carbon construction makes up for it. The Manta Ray features a carbon shaft for superior performance and low swing weight, so all of your energy can go into the water rather than having to wield an ungainly paddle. The abX blade itself is made of carbon-reinforced nylon resin, resulting in a lightweight blade with incredible strength and stiffness.
- Beefy, but packable blade for power strokes and high-angle paddlers
- Stiff and rigid blades helps you move mass amounts of water
- Lightweight carbon shaft helps ease joint pain and fatigue
- Three-hole adjustable ferrule allows you to feather the blades
- Two-piece design lets you adjust the length for multiple paddlers
- Q & A
Great paddles for packrafting and travel
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I have used these 4piece abX Carbon paddles for packrafting the last 10 years. I also use them with my foldable oru kayak. The 4 piece version are easy to travel with and they are still light. The abX Carbon blades are solid and can handle more abuse than carbon touring blades. They still work and look nice after years of use.
Aqua-Bound Recommended Paddle Sizes
|Kayak Width||Under 23"||24" - 28"||29"+|
|(paddler height) under 5'5"||210 - 220cm||230cm||230 - 240cm|
|5'5"-5'11"||220cm||230cm||230 - 240cm|
|6'+||220 - 230cm||230 - 240cm||240cm|
|Paddler Height||under 5'2"||5'2" - 5'8"||5'8" - 6'1"||over 6'1"|
|Paddle Length||188 - 194cm||190 - 196cm||192 - 200cm||196 - 204cm|
- Use a shorter paddle size for play boating and freestyling.
- Use a longer size paddle for river running and creeking.