- Detail Images
Superior Performance, Yet Again.
Forget about customer feedback falling on deaf ears: the designers at Altra heard you all loud and clear, and as a result, updated the Women's Superior 3.0 Trail Running Shoe. The Superior 3.0 touts not only more accurate sizing, for a more comfortable fit and feel, but also features a stronger, more durable upper to assure added longevity and structural support. Meaning, you're able to forget about that sloshy, washed out feeling that you might've incurred in the past. Additionally, the outsole now features a slight flare on the lateral side to provide better traction, stability, and braking. The EVA midsole, complete with A-Bound and InnerFlex technology, provides shock attenuation, energetic transitions, and a cush feel underfoot, while the TrailClaw outsole promotes rip and grip in all sorts of conditions. And, not to mention, the StoneGuard rock protection safeguards your foot from all sorts of trail-side obstacles, so you can focus on the objective at hand.
- A slightly revamped fan-favorite fit for trail running
- Breathable mesh upper is more durable and structurally sound
- StoneGuard safeguards foot from roots and rocks
- Midsole attenuates shock and enhances energy return
- Comfort-forward design allows toes to splay and move
- Grippy outsole now has lateral flare for stability
- Q & A
I wanted to love you...
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 9.0
I do a considerable amount of trail running and hiking in the rugged Wastach and was stoked about getting some miles on the new Superiors; these not-so-Superiors left me uber disappointed. I felt this shoe is seriously lacking in support; not a feeling you want when flying down rocky mountain terrian. Not for me.