As its name suggests, the Altra Men's Instinct 4 Running Shoe has a natural propensity for offering innate comfort and support. The Instinct 4 was given a bit of a makeover, touting a newly redesigned, engineered mesh which not only offers a better fit, but also assures more fluid and intuitive ventilation. Meanwhile, the updated midsole bolsters energy return, shock attenuation, and a springy feel—without making you feel as though you've got a dead weight attached to your foot. The Zero Drop platform remains the same, encouraging a natural, efficient, and repeatable stride, while the neutral design offers unbiased support for all runners, though largely those who require little to no stabilizing reinforcements. A FootPod outsole mirrors the shape and contours of your foot, supporting your tendons and bones, in turn increasing comfort as you navigate half marathon, marathon, or fartlek training.
- Depend on this shoe for marathon or fartlek training
- Newly redesigned upper promotes a better fit
- Zero drop platform engages natural stride
- Dual-density midsole enhances energy return
- FootPod outsole flexes with the structure of your foot